Paddle the tidal waters of Tomales Bay or soak up the sunshine on Lake Sonoma. Rent a boat/ board to explore for a few hours or camp overnight with options on Tomales Bay and Lake Sonoma.
Camping: Boat-in camp sites located on the shores of Tomales Bay and Lake Sonoma.
Tomales Bay Rentals: Kayaks & SUPs (Gear Shuttle Service available for guided tours only on Tomales Bay for 2017)
Lake Sonoma Rentals: Canoes, Kayaks, SUPs , Inner Tubes, & Mountain Bikes (Gear Shuttle Service available for rentals & tours)
Advantages to paddling at Lake Sonoma:
* The protected waters of Lake Sonoma are almost always calm, meaning your trip will rarely be cancelled due to weather
* Afternoon winds, common in coastal areas, are not usually a factor, so you can start (and end) your trip any time of day
* Tides and currents are not a factor, same as above
* The warm weather of the inland area makes swimming and nightly camp activities more enjoyable
* Dog Friendly regulations – go camping with your dog (what could be better)
* Canoes pack pretty much everything that you’ll need, but for your convenience Blue Waters will also offer motorboat support services for overnight rentals
* An extensive trail system at Lake Sonoma affords great day (and night) hiking opportunities
* Multiple large group camping options
* All camping permits are site specific (not first come first serve like Tomales Bay) and include a picnic table, fire ring with grill, hanging pole for food or a lantern, and a pit toilet within a short walking distance
* Multi-sport opportunities at Lake Sonoma include Mountain Biking on the above mentioned trails, as well as horseback riding from the stables of locally operated Ranch at Lake Sonoma. There is also an Archery Range, Dog Run, and a Disc Golf Course at the Visitor Center.
* Nearby Wine Tasting at a variety of fabulous Dry Creek vineyards can provide an enjoyable after-boating addition to your trip.
Blue Waters Kayaking will tailor your Group Event to fit your needs. We offer an exciting and valuable team building experience as well as an extremely affordable employee benefit outing. Options for camping, swimming, gear shuttle service, delicious meals on a remote beach, facilitated team-building games, bioluminescence, and so much more.
(Group sizes up to 150 people)
Go to our Groups Events page for ideas or call us today to design a custom tour for your event.
We will take you from beginner to advanced through a series of classes designed to help you develop proficient and safe paddling skills, basic seamanship, and knowledge and respect of the marine environment.
We offer public kayaking & hiking tours launching from different locations on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Private tours are available anytime by request.